The Tyler Foundation encrouages you to challenge yourself, raise awareness and give hope to a child fighting cancer in Japan. Climb Mt. Fuji this summer and carry a Bead of Courage ® to its summit. Your bead will then be given to a child need of an extra boost of courage during their treatment path.
Mt. Fuji, rising above the clouds, is the symbol of Japan and has provided a spiritual basis for the Japanese since ancient times. This 12,380 ft high, dormant volcano is world renowned for its symmetry and serenity.
We will need a minimum of 20 people, so please sign up now! Highest pledging participate will win a wonderful prize!
- Dates: August 25th/26th (Sat/Sun), 2012 (in case of rain, event will be postponed to the next weekend, September 1st/2nd)
- Starting Place: Mt Fuji’s 5th Station
- Cost: 13,000 yen per person (includes Team Beads of Courage ® Bead, accommodation and two meals)
- Joining fee is 13,000 yen per person, paid in advance via PayPal or bank transfer
- Fill out our climber registration form and send your photo to email@example.com, she will put your profile up on our website. You can tell your story here and share why you’re climbing Mt. Fuji for Tyler Foundation. Your friends, family and colleagues can pledge funds to supporting your challenge.
- We will send an email in August with details of what to bring, exact location to meet, information on the climb itself.
- Climbers will meet at the 5th Station on August 25th (Sat) at 3pm.
- We’ll climb up to the 8th Station where we have a reservation at a rest house.
- We’ll wake a few hours before sunrise to finish our ascent to the SUMMIT in time for some hot chocolate and see the sunrise, take photos and enjoy the awe-inspiring view!
- A group photo at the summit will be taken with everyone and their Beads of Courage ® beads.
- We expect to return to 5th Station on August 26th (Sun) at 11am.
- All participants must be over 20 years of age.
- This activity is at your own risk. Tyler Foundation will request you sign a liability waiver before participating. Thank you for your understanding.
To join us the climb, please pay 13,000 yen per person in advance via PayPal via the following button.